All rental prices will automatically (unless otherwise agreed) be charged a 6% surcharge to cover insurance.
The amount is charged at the same time as payment of rent and is applied on the order confirmation and invoice in separate text lines. If insurance is not applied, the equipment is not covered.
The insurance covers:
Damage or loss of the leased property caused by damage, destruction or theft. In cars, however, the max. coverage of DKK 15,000 (the equipment must be in a locked luggage compartment). The insurance covers everywhere in Denmark excl. Faroe Islands and Greenland.
The insurance does not cover:
- Outside Denmark (unless otherwise agreed directly with DVC)
- Scratches and damage to monitors
- Losses due to negligence on the part of the tenant
- Damage caused by self-inflicted intoxication.
- Operational loss or other indirect consequence of damage.
- If the tenant does not comply with the insurance conditions.
- Missing equipment on return.
- Damages caused by third parties
- Simple theft
It is a condition that the insured items are stored securely (possibly locked, in a locked room / depot or under supervision), and that the insured otherwise shows caution.
Damage and theft that has occurred must be reported to Dansk Video Center immediately after the damage. At the same time, the tenant must fill out a damage report and in the event of theft, this must be reported immediately to the Police, after which the receipt for the report must be handed over to DVC. This is a prerequisite for the insurance to cover the damage.
Deductible pr. item DKK 5,000 + VAT (However, a maximum of DKK 25,000 + VAT per event)
Claims can be downloaded here